Vale Palmi (Bologna 1994).
I am an artist, scholar of the Afterlife and theorist of the Vertical Line.
In 2021 I graduated cum laude from the master's degree in painting at the Academy of Fine Arts in Bologna.
In 2022 I published an essay on the relationship between contemporary art and the perception of the Afterlife, entitled 'The Afterlife is a Narrow Corner. Beyond Death in Contemporary Art' published by Pendragon.
In the same year, together with Giovanni Avolio, I founded the gallery Studio la Linea Verticale, of which I am the artistic director.
In 2023 I started a PhD at the Hasselt University (BE) in collaboration with the University of Bologna, about the theme of the Vertical Line in contemporary and emerging art between Belgium and Italy.
I live and work in Bologna.
My artistic practice is an ascending path whose objective is an awareness aimed at reaching other dimensions through a way of working based on the study of the 'Vertical Line', the one that detaches itself from the horizontality of matter and the ordinary world and leads to the Spirit. Art is my scale, through its varying forms (installation, drawing, photography, performance and video) I investigate two great mysteries unsolved by humanity: Death and the potential Life after Death. Likewise, my line of study probes the state of Consciousness in both dimensions.
In this meditatio mortis that finds its concretisation in the work of art, I always try to make visible what is not visible.
-18/05/2019 FREI. Hinterland Galerie, Vienna, Austria, curated by Maria Chiara Wang.
- 02/02/2019-23/03/2019 Contra me Giusto. Solo exhibition, Labs Contemporary Art Gallery, Bologna, curated by Gaia Fattorini.
- 22/7/2023 Segnali di Vita. Sacrestia - Chiesa di Montevergini, Noto (SR), curated by Studio la Linea Verticale gallery.
- 17/6/2023 finalists of Combat Prize. Museo G.Fattori - Granai di Villa Mimbelli, Livorno, curated by Paolo Batoni and Francesca Baboni.
- 15/4/2023 Parole di Pelle. Magazzini del Sale di Villa Ottelio Savorgnan - Ariis di Rivignano Teor (UD), curated by Eva Comuzzi and Orietta Masin.
- 24/3/2023 20+ a call for Drawings. Cremona Art Fair, Cremona, curated by Camilla Remondina, promoted by Combat Prize.
- 8/3/2023 Atto Magico. Palazzo delle Esposizioni, Faenza, curated by Filippo Maestroni. .
- 27/1/2023 Penelope (Molly Bloom). Art City 2023, on the occasion of the presentation of the magazine n°25 by My Monkey editions, Anonima Impressori, Bologna, curated by Maria Chiara Wang.
- 26/11/2022 exhibition finalists of Arteam Cup - Contemporary art prize, Palazzo del Commissario - Fortezza del Priamàr, Savona, curated by Livia Savorelli and Matteo Galbiati.
- 2/7/2022 Padiglione Bologna. FaroArte gallery, Marina di Ravenna, curated by Sandro Malossini.
-12/5/2022 IMMATERIAL - BODY - IMMATERIAL. Studio la Linea Verticale, Bologna.
-19/1/2022 We Art Open. Exhibition of the winners of the We Art Open award, curated by No Title Gallery, in collaboration with YAS Young Artists Supporters, DELTARTE and JULIET Art Magazine, at GAD - Giudecca Art District, Venice.
-17-19/9/2021 CRONACHE. Villa Davia, Colle Ameno, Bologna, curated by Capital Project.
-26/6/2021 Marcello in presenza. Ex Celle Frigo - Officina Giovani, Prato, curated by Estuario Project Space.
-18/6/2021 La voce della luna. mtn-Museo Temporaneo Navile, Bologna.
-7/1/2021 start of the theoretical and practical workshop Fare Arte Contemporanea curated by Estuario Project Space, as part of the Giovani Talenti project, promoted by the Associazione Luigi Pecci, Prato.
-1/12/2020-31/1/2021 artist residency promoted by Capital Project, curated by Marcello Tedesco and Silla Guerrini, Colle Ameno, Bologna.
-3/7/2020 La Vita dell'Arte. A60 Contemporary Art Space, Milan, curated by Emanuele Gregolin and Pengpeng Wang.
-8/2/2020 Curatio Vulneris. Bipersonal at CRAC Spazio Arte, Castelnuovo Rangone (MO), curated by Maria Chiara Wang, coordinated by Alessandro Mescoli.
-24/1/2020 Arte e Mondo.Exhibition of the winners of the Zucchelli Prize 2019, Zu.Art. Giardino Zucchelli delle arti, Bologna, curated by Carmen Lorenzetti.
-23-26/1/2020 Extra Arca. Bipersonal at BOOMing Contemporary Art Show, Bologna, Rizomi Parma gallery stand, curated by Maria Chiara Wang.
-22/11/2019 obtaining the scholarship awarded on the occasion of the Zucchelli Prize 2019.
-11-13/10/2019 Art Verona, prize "Fotografia Under 35", presented by Labs Contemporary Art Gallery in Bologna.
-27.09/26.10/2019 Project Room/Territori. mtn - Museo Temporaneo Navile, Bologna, curated by Marcello Tedesco.
-28/6/2019 Trasformazione. Faro Arte gallery, Marina di Ravenna, curated by Maria Chiara Wang and Oscarito Sanchez.
-03/05/2019 RESTITUIT. Zu.Art. Giardino Zucchelli delle arti, Bologna, curated by Rebecca Ardizzoni.
-12-15/10/2018 Art Verona, prize "Fotografia Under 35", presented by Labs Contemporary Art Gallery Bologna.
-23/6/2018 Umano + o - memoria sovraccarica. Rosso Tiepido Cultural Association, Modena, curated by Bruno Benuzzi.
-20/06/2018 Before and After Nature. Galleria d'Arte Maggiore, Bologna, curated by Bruno Benuzzi. Mention from the jury of the Premio Zucchelli, Art Up.
-6/3/2018 The interior Sea. Lebanese University of Fine Arts and Architecture, Beirut, curated by Bruno Benuzzi.
- 26/5/2023 finalist Combat Prize 2023, 14th edition, painting section.
- 15/2/2023 finalist in the 20+ a call for Drawings contest, promoted by Cremona Art Fair and Premio Combat, curated by Camilla Remondina.
- 8/11/2022 finalist of Arteam Cup - Contemporary art prize 2022 7th edition.
-16/6/2022 mention as 'Featured Artist' of the Cramum Prize 2022.
-19/1/2022 finalist of the We Art Open prize 2022 5th edition.
-24/1/2020 winner of the Zucchelli Competition 2019.
PUBLICATIONS / INTERVIEWS / ARTICLES
- Catalogue Combat Prize, Sillabe s.r.l., Livorno.
- 27/1/2023 catalogue n°25: “Penelope (Molly Bloom)”, My Monkey edizioni, Andrés David Carrara, curated by Maria Chiara Wang.
- 2022 Catalogue La Caduta, come cadere in alto. Premio Cramum, curated by Sabino Maria Frassà, texts by Raffaella Ferrari and Sabino Maria Frassà.
- 2022 Padiglione Bologna. Catalogue curated by Sandro Malossini, Felsina Factory, Bologna.
- 2022 Padiglione Bologna. Catalogue curated by Sandro Malossini, texts by Maria Chiara Wang and Pasquale Fameli, Centro Stampa Regione ER, Patrocinio Assemblea Legislativa Emilia Romagna.
-21/12/2022 interview curated by Exibart Prize.
- 2022 Catalogue Arteam Cup - Contemporary Art Prize, VanillaEdizioni, curated by Livia Savorelli and Matteo Galbiati.
-24/3/2022 publication essay "L'Aldilà è un Angolo stretto. Oltre la Morte nell'arte contemporanea". Pendragon Editore.
-"Lo studio dell'invisibile" interview by Maria Chiara Wang, "Small Talk", Small Zine.
-“Colle Ameno fucina dell'arte contemporanea: reportage dal borgo storico.” Text by Tatiana Basso, Exibart 5/2/2021.
- 2020 Catalogue Curatio Vulneris. Duplikamente bottega digitale, Modena.
- 2020 Catalogue BOOMing Contemporary Art Show, Il Rio Edizioni, Mantova, a cura di Simona Gavioli.
- 2020 Catalogue La Vita dell'Arte. A60 International Art, Milano.
- 2019 Catalogue Premio Zucchelli, Bagnoli 1920, Pieve di Cento (BO).
- 2019 PaviaArt, Catalogo Espositori, Palazzo Esposizioni, directed by Giovanni Zucca.
- 2018 Catalogue Art Verona 14th edition, Veronafiere S.p.A., Verona.
- 2018 Il Mare Interno. Catalogue edited by Di qua e di là, curated by Valerio Dehò, Bruno Benuzzi, Enrico Aceti, promoted by Accademia di Belle Arti di Bologna e Universite Libanaise.